In a world of tough working conditions where everything’s hard going, the JCB JS305 makes things easy.
That’s because it’s been tailored to your applications, your business, your world. With a simple mechanical fuel injection system that tolerates lower fuel quality and an engine and hydraulics designed to work with productivity in mind. We designed it to be easy to operate, easy to maintain and easy to save money. Quite simply, the JCB JS305 has been designed to move more material for less cost. Your world is hard enough. JCB just made it a whole lot easier.
- 7.2-litre JCB DIESELMAX engine with rugged in-line fuel injection.
- Huge 222.6kN bucket tearout make fast cycle times easy.
- Heavy-duty, premium component to cope with variety of applications.
- Switchable Eco mode to minimise fuel consumption.
- Quiet, ergonomic and comfortable operator environment.
- Easy and intuitive to service; LiveLink telematics as standard.
Productivity Made Easy
The 6-cylinder 7.2-litre JCB DIESELMAX engine fitted to the JS305 produces its peak power (221hp) and torque (960Nm) at a low 1300rpm. This allows fuel efficient matching of the engine and hydraulics.
With a massive 222.6kNm of bucket tearout, fast cycle times are assured in all applications. The intuitive multifunction operation makes simultaneous tracking and excavating smooth and fast.
A JCB JS305 provides a solid, stable work platform for fast cycle times.
The control valve optimises hydraulic oil supply to different functions during combined operation.
This multifunctioning prowess helps you to achieve fast cycle times.Choose from a range of hydraulic pipework options and you’ll be able to use your JS305 with a variety of JCB attachments for ultimate versatility
Uptime Made Easy
JCB’s DIESELMAX engine has a mechanical in-line Bosch fuel injection system. This rugged premium brand component allows you to work in areas where fuel quality is poor. The new JS305 benefits from a multi-stage fuel filtration system which protects against a wide range of contaminants as small as two microns.
We use high tensile strength steel to construct the reinforced boom and dipper. Internal baffle plates help to ensure long life durability – likewise heavy-duty wear strips at the dipper end.
Advanced manufacturing and assembly processes help to guarantee a very high level of precision and quality in our components. With a heavy duty lower frame and upper structure, as well as a high strength boom and arm, this excavator is designed to excel at tough work like quarry applications.
We use finite element analysis with extensive rig and endurance testing to make key components last longer. The high-strength undercarriage of a JCB JS305 uses a fully-welded X frame construction for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications.
A closed box section revolving frame increases strength and reduces stress. It’s also highly resistant to impact damage. For maximum durability and support, we’ve made the upper frame as rigid as possible.
A mechanical override throttle is located in the cooling pack service bay. Revs can be set to a constant level, ensuring that no matter what happens, the job still gets done.
Efficiency Made Easy
- The new JS305’s JCB DIESELMAX engine has an Eco mode which reduces fuel consumption whilst maintaining substantial productivity levels.
- Auto idle reduces engine speed to 1100 rpm after 6 seconds, adjustable up to 30 seconds of machine inactivity. The engine speed is restored as soon as you operate your excavator again.
- Our innovative hydraulic regeneration system recycles oil across the cylinders for faster cycle times and reduced fuel consumption. For even more fuel savings, you can use our innovative one-touch idle feature to reduce engine speed at the push of a button.
- To make oil flow as precise and efficient as possible, we’ve optimised the hydraulic pump settings and revised the spool configuration within the main valve block. The system now delivers only the flow you need for the job at hand.
Control Made Easy
- To minimise noise and vibration, the cab sits on six viscous rubber mounts.
- JCB’s climate control option offers a precisely controlled cab temperature with fresh or recirculated air.
- A roomy floor area with large high grip rubber-coated pedals and a rubber footrest is a perfect setup for easy and precise tracking.
- Ventilation is plentiful when you open the standard cab roof hatch and the rear sliding window.
- A 70/30 front screen split gives the JCB JS305 excellent front visibility. A clear view of the front right track provides easy, safe trench digging and comfortable manoeuvring. All-round visibility is superb, with a large glass area on the right-hand-side and top corner of the cab. An innovative low-level bonnet allows clear rearward views.
- Operators are kept abreast of all important information via the 3.5” display. This can be accessed via a new rotary controller.
- A spacious stowage area behind the seat provides plenty of room for an operators personal items.
Service Made Easy
- The electrical system on the new JS305 is highly capable yet uncomplicated in design, which improves serviceability and reduces maintenance over the life of your machine.
- To prevent blockages in the cooling pack, we fit a fly-mesh guard. The condenser unit is hinged so it swings out easily, providing access to other coolers for cleaning.
- Because they’re mounted side by side on a JCB JS305, the engine radiator, hydraulic cooler and intercooler can be serviced individually yet cleaned easily.
- Fluid filters (engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel) are centrally located for fast, easy servicing.
- It’s easy to keep track of maintenance on this excavator because the in-cab monitor displays useful reminders. You can also track your machine using JCB LiveLink telematics to stay fully abreast of all upcoming maintenance requirements.
- The Powercore air filter combines with a cyclonic engine fan scavenge system to give double the filtering capacity of a standard air filter. This is a longer life system with fewer components, offering higher efficiency. The end result for you? Far greater engine protection.
Safety Made Easy
- A large glass area and low bonnet line afford superb visibility.
- This excavator is equipped with a full set of side and rear view mirrors for all round visibility and safety compliance.
- With six work lights, you can rely on superb all-round visibility even in low-light conditions.
- JCB’s optional rear view camera displays an uninterrupted rearward view for improved operator confidence whilst slewing.
- The bonnet opens front-to-rear for easy and safe engine service access.
- JCB’s Safety Level Lock fully isolates hydraulic functions to avoid unintended movements. Our 2GO system means a new JCB JS305 can only be started in a safe locked position via two separate inputs.
- You’ll find that the steps and platforms have anti-slip punched steel plates for optimum grip. Bolt-on plates have recessed bolts to reduce trip hazards. To prevent engine damage in arduous conditions, we fit an engine overheat safety system as standard.
- LiveLink telematics are fitted as standard too. This innovative JCB feature helps you to maximise security and fleet utilisation, and also allows you to monitor useful information like fuel usage on different shifts